Thursday, July 10, 2008

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig

Hello All,

Back in California, driving down the I5 and we just hit 2050 miles. This has been a great trip relaxing, exciting, interesting and as all family vacations a bit cramped and frusterating.

On our way to our last campsite, we just got sick and tired of being in the car and pulled over to a site in McCloud near Mt. Shasta/Trinity Lakes. We lucked out and they had a couple sites available. What we found there were three waterfalls and a river deep enough for the kids to swim in. Of course the water temp was equal to what comes out of my refridgerator door, it was nicer than sitting in the 102 degree campsite. It did cool down nicely in the evenings though and the quiet spacious beautiful sites were well worth the heat.

We saw deer tromp through our site at dust, chpmunks and squirrles and eagles and bluejays.

However, it is so nice to be headed home. I miss my puppies, I miss a real toilet that doesn't smell or have to be carried to a dumpstation and I miss my shower, my kitchen and my bed with 3 extra pillows.

I think this trip with the kids being a year older and all the new gear we take and everyon's clothes and the set up and the clean up has shown Scott that we have outgrown our PopUp. When we get home we will be cleaning out our gear and putting it on the market while looking for a pull behind. We definately want one with 4 bunks and a real toilet and sizable refergerator.

I will post pics once we get home since both my batteries are dead.

Hugs to all.

No comments: